Skip to main content

Crochet one skein baby blanket and hat

One skein 


This baby blanket is the perfect gift to make for new or soon to be parents, and here's why you guys.
1. It's fucking adorable
2. It only takes one skein of Bernat Chunky yarn so it's inexpensive 
3. It's super soft and squishy
4. It's really warm so it'll shut that screaming baby's cry hole so mom and dad can actually get some damn rest
5. It's works up super fast.

I actually had no intention of making this blanket, or anything for that matter, on the weekend that I created it. I was at my moms house being the perfect daughter, not swearing or being inappropriate at all I swear. No for real I swear, I was just sitting there quietly with my hands in my lap(okay fiiiiine, I was being an asshole) but you can't blame me, I was bored. Anyways Ryan had come home a couple days earlier with this yarn because he's awesome and does nice things like that. So I played with the yarn for a bit until it decided to tell me what it was going to be, in a Brooklyn accent it said "hey you, I'm a future baby blanket" jk I'm crazy but not hearing yarn talking crazy. I do look at yarn and know what it's gonna be though. So I got myself a coffee and worked this up.

Supplies
1 300g skein Bernat Chunky
8mm crochet hook
Needle for sewing in ends

Blanket
CH 63
Row 1. DC Ch1 DC into 5th Chain from hook(V stitch), skip one chain, V stitch into next chain, continue to the end, ending with one DC in the last chain.
Row 2. Chain 3. DC across
Then continue 3 rows of V stitches followed by one row of DC until you have 22 rows, finish with one more row of V stitches and then slst around the entire blanket. Then SC into each slst, tie off and weave in ends.

Hat
Row 1. 8 SC into magic circle
Row 2. CH 4 and DC into same stitch(V stitch) then V stitch in each SC and slst to top of Ch 4.
Row 3. CH 2(doesn't count as a stitch) 2DC into first stitch and 1 DC in to the next stitch, repeat around, slst to top of Ch 2
Row 4. CH 4 and then DC into same stitch, then V stitch in every 3rd DC around, join with slst to top of Ch 4.
Rows  5-9. CH 4 and DC into same stitch, V stitch into each V stitch around, join with slst to top of Ch 4
Row 10. Slst around, fasten and tie off.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crocheting in heaven or hell?

Okay I know I said that I live in the midde of Canadian nowhere, but apparently there are nowherier places than nowhere. About a month ago Ryan got called to work out of town in a tiny little butthole town called Fort.Saint James. It's still in B.C., but it's much farther north. When he went up, I went to stay with my mom, I do better business where she lives anyways, but after a month I missed Ryan so bad I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to see him, I also really needed to get laid ;) so I booked a 15 hour red eye bus up, and here and  I am in a dingey, low end motel, in a town that I'm not allowed to walk around in by myself. I'm exhausted, there was too many weirdos on the bus for me to relax, I slept only about 2 hours(with one eye opened) and once I got off the bus in prince George, Ryan picked me up, and it was another 2 hour drive to Fort.Saint James. I know it sounds awful, but tbh I've been here for two days and I'm really enjoying the alone time,

Crochet Chunky Men's Hat

About a month ago I made myself and my husband matching hats, I got some new Bernat Chunky yarn and wanted to play with it because I'm a giant dork. So hats it was, we needed some anyways. It doesn't get as cold here as most of the rest of Canada, maybe -8 c at the absolute lowest and only at night, still nice to have winter hats though. Well my husband(Ryan) is obsessed with his, he never takes it off. It's already worn down and looks a million years old because he wears it at work all day. But in all fairness, he looks a million years old to so..... The originals  Today Ryan came home and said his boss has been bugging him for a hat like his, and since I'm FUCKING AMAZING I obliged. I wanted to return some of the blue softee chunky yarn I had bought the day before anyways because it turns out I hate it, oops. So I went and exchanged it for grey(the only good mens colour they had) and got straight to work. I absolutely love this hat, it only takes abou