Skip to main content

Perfect crochet hat brims

Fact 1: My husband is working out of town right now, in ft. Saint James. I thought I was gonna get to go see him this weekend but there's way too much snow to drive way up north, so I'm dickered.
Fact 2: My sister is probably the most gorgeous woman I've ever met. She is a body builder, she has beautiful hair and her makeup is always different and perfect.
Fact 3: I just drank a bunch of my moms secret freezer vodka and I am lit af.
            Anyways I've been getting order after order for pussy hats, international women's day is in sight after all. But I've had the worst time figuring out sizes for the brims. I've frogged half of my work lately, good thing I'm patient. So I came up with a perfect brim for adult women's hats made with Bernat Chunky, or any size 6 chunky yarn.


So here it is you guys.
With a size 7mm crochet hook,chain 47
Yep, that's the magic number 47
I know, I know, Bernat chunky says to use an 8mm hook, well tough titty, I used a 7 because I'm a straight up rebel and I make my own rules.
So chain 47. Then connect with first stitch.
Row 1. CH 3 and then DC in each stitch around, attach with slst to first CH 3
Row 2-3CH 2, FPDC into first stitch, BPDC into second stitch, repeat around, attach to first CH 2
Row 4. CH 1, SC around. Then tie off and we've in end
I then like to flip the brim upside down, attach yarn and SC around the other side of the brim too.
So you have two rows of FPDC and BPDC, sandwiched by rows of SC on each side.
Regardless though, 47 is the magic number for chunky 6 yarn and a 7mm hook. If you want an adult women's hat.

On another note entirely, I've been busting my big, hairy balls making pussy hats lately here's some recent pics.


  
I've taken to adding little tags to each one that I found at dollar tree, I think it makes them look more professional. Plus I tie a ribbon around and put a lollipop inside each one. Why you may ask? Because I am awesome of course.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crocheting in heaven or hell?

Okay I know I said that I live in the midde of Canadian nowhere, but apparently there are nowherier places than nowhere. About a month ago Ryan got called to work out of town in a tiny little butthole town called Fort.Saint James. It's still in B.C., but it's much farther north. When he went up, I went to stay with my mom, I do better business where she lives anyways, but after a month I missed Ryan so bad I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to see him, I also really needed to get laid ;) so I booked a 15 hour red eye bus up, and here and  I am in a dingey, low end motel, in a town that I'm not allowed to walk around in by myself. I'm exhausted, there was too many weirdos on the bus for me to relax, I slept only about 2 hours(with one eye opened) and once I got off the bus in prince George, Ryan picked me up, and it was another 2 hour drive to Fort.Saint James. I know it sounds awful, but tbh I've been here for two days and I'm really enjoying the alone time,

Crochet Chunky Men's Hat

About a month ago I made myself and my husband matching hats, I got some new Bernat Chunky yarn and wanted to play with it because I'm a giant dork. So hats it was, we needed some anyways. It doesn't get as cold here as most of the rest of Canada, maybe -8 c at the absolute lowest and only at night, still nice to have winter hats though. Well my husband(Ryan) is obsessed with his, he never takes it off. It's already worn down and looks a million years old because he wears it at work all day. But in all fairness, he looks a million years old to so..... The originals  Today Ryan came home and said his boss has been bugging him for a hat like his, and since I'm FUCKING AMAZING I obliged. I wanted to return some of the blue softee chunky yarn I had bought the day before anyways because it turns out I hate it, oops. So I went and exchanged it for grey(the only good mens colour they had) and got straight to work. I absolutely love this hat, it only takes abou

Crochet one skein baby blanket and hat

One skein  This baby blanket is the perfect gift to make for new or soon to be parents, and here's why you guys. 1. It's fucking adorable 2. It only takes one skein of Bernat Chunky yarn so it's inexpensive  3. It's super soft and squishy 4. It's really warm so it'll shut that screaming baby's cry hole so mom and dad can actually get some damn rest 5. It's works up super fast. I actually had no intention of making this blanket, or anything for that matter, on the weekend that I created it. I was at my moms house being the perfect daughter, not swearing or being inappropriate at all I swear. No for real I swear, I was just sitting there quietly with my hands in my lap(okay fiiiiine, I was being an asshole) but you can't blame me, I was bored. Anyways Ryan had come home a couple days earlier with this yarn because he's awesome and does nice things like that. So I played with the yarn for a bit until it decided to tell me what